The Admission Committee will be able to consider your application for Fall 2023 when the required items have been received in the on-line application process.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Domestic Applicants – There is a $135.00 application fee. You may use your credit card when applying on-line.
- International Applicants – May pay the $155.00 application fee with either MasterCard or Visa credit card when applying on-line. Do not send cash.
Required Documentation and Test Scores
• New English Proficiency Policy for Graduate Admissions (effective Fall 2021): All graduate applicants, except those who have earned an undergraduate degree from an institution at which English was the sole language of instruction according to the World Higher Education Database, are required to demonstrate English proficiency for admissions consideration. Please see WHED’s instructions on how to search for an institution.
*Please note, that the English proficiency policy for TAs has not changed.*
PLEASE REVIEW POLICY link enclosed
• Statement of Purpose: In this essay, you should describe your prior research experiences, academic background, service/outreach experiences, and future research interests for your graduate studies.
• Personal History Statement: In this essay, you should describe your personal background and any challenges or obstacles you may have encountered in your academic journey and how you overcame them.
• Transcripts (follow application process): All transcripts from your post-secondary institutions attended. If not stated in your transcript, please also include a Certificate of Graduation indicating your Bachelor Degree award.
• Three Letters of Recommendation: Reference forms for use by the recommender are included in your on-line application. For the Academic Degree Program indicate INP.
• TOEFL and TSE Scores: Only foreign students are required to submit their TOEFL and TSE Scores to indicate their English proficiency. For score reporting, the institution code is 4859. A department code is not required.
• Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Note: Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test Scores are NOT required for the INP application and admissions process.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA , IRVINE
Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program
Have additional questions?
For additional information or questions contact the INP program manager:
Gary R. Roman